Healthcare Workforce Logistics (HWL) is ecstatic to welcome Nancy Bourg, RN, BSHCA, MBA to the team! For over 25 years, she's been a pioneer and expert in hospital staffing solutions and has extensive experience both in established and startup organizations.
She joins us after 4 years as CEO/COO at ProHealth Select, where she:
- Revised the business plan inclusive of volumes, cost estimates, calculating the scale and timing of needed investment, ROI, and implementation action plan
- Streamlined operation to increase efficiency and productivity.
- Opened a new division of Population Health with call center coverage, telehealth and Nurse Practitioner house calls billing $300K
- Developed software program for clinical wellness assessments and logistic surgical services
We sat down to speak with her about her past experience and what she looks forward to most at HWL.
How did you start your career in healthcare?
I started as a Licensed Practical Nurse, moving on to become a Registered Nurse and eventually studied Health Care Administration in undergrad. I eventually became the Executive Director/CEO of Home Health at HCA Healthcare Corporation, where I founded what is now the largest hospital-based staffing pool in the United States.
Ever since then, I've helped a number of organizations grow revenue, expand business development, and delivered successful programs to clients.
What brought you to HWL?
The same passion and thoughts about truly partnering with hospitals to develop the best workforce solution for contingent labor, per diem float pools/internal resource pools, and permanent staffing.
How do you plan to bring your past experience to your role with HWL?
My unique hospital staffing expertise has helped me contribute in various roles, including the creation of large scale staffing pools, recruitment outsourcing, central staffing programs, and developing Vendor Management Solution (VMS) and Predictive Modeling software. This experience is invaluable to the HWL team and I'm excited to hit the ground running!
Generally speaking, having expertise in both the buyer (hospitals/providers) and suppliers (nursing agencies) is rare at the executive level, but I'm bringing both perspectives to the table.
What are your priorities and goals for the future of HWL?
I have a number of priorities and goals here, which include but are not limited to:
- Partnering and developing deeper relationships with healthcare organizations
- Being their go-to expert for workforce strategies
- Ensuring the quality of candidates meet facility expectations
- Grow our internal resource pool offering
What do you like to do in your free time?
I have a number of hobbies, but my favorites are spending time with my family, traveling, working out, and reading!
If you're also interested in furthering your career with HWL, we're always looking for talented individuals like Nancy to join our quickly growing team!