It's no secret that healthcare organizations have had the need for quick, efficient staffing solutions, even before the pandemic started. While coronavirus certainly put extra strain on these systems as well — between the "Great Resignation", unprecedented rates of burnout, and more — healthcare organizations have been struggling to attract and retain the talent that they need to provide quality patient care and improve patient outcomes, including in pediatrics. In fact, nationally, around 80% of pediatric hospital beds were occupied as of late October 2022.
Children's National Hospital in Washington, D.C. says that “this surge in illness is exacerbated by the national healthcare workforce shortages . . . families who come to us with non-urgent issues will experience long waits to be seen.”
Healthcare Workforce Logistics (HWL) has helped hundreds of organizations navigate such staffing challenges and now offers rapid response staffing solutions for pediatric and pediatric sub-specialty organizations.
Here we'll go over how it works, what it means, and how you can get started.
Rapid Staffing Solutions For Pediatrics: How it Works
By providing fixed rates that are backed by market data, HWL provides a platform that works with pediatrics organizations to provide top talent while keeping costs low. Here are just some of the benefits to utilizing our platform:
- Ground-Up Design: This program is specifically designed for surge staffing needs. In the beginning of the pandemic, HWL helped hundreds of healthcare facilities of all types stay afloat by containing costs and providing much-needed talent. We've now been able to carry those program models over to the pediatrics space.
- Increased Candidate Access: HWL’s rapid response solution design provides immediate access to over 100 engaged suppliers and their vast candidate pools.
- Multi-Faceted Specialties: Clinical team with expertise ranging from Mother-Baby, General Pediatrics, PICU and NICU standing by ready to clinical screen and interview all candidates 24/7.
- Range of Talent Available: Regardless of what your facility requires, you'll have access to the top locum tenens, nursing, and allied professionals.
- Fast, Easy Setup: HWL can have you set up within 24 hours, making it quick and easy to tap into new talent pools and find the rapid staffing solution that you need.
- Streamlined Management: Manage the entire staffing process from order to invoice through the HWL VMS platform. With 24-hour, mobile access, it's never been easier to oversee operations and ensure efficiency is achieved.
HWL Is Here to Help Your Pediatric Organization Get the Staff It Needs
We support over 2,500 healthcare organizations, including pediatric and pediatric sub-specialty healthcare facilities of all sizes. Currently, HWL is utilized by some of the largest and most prestigious pediatric hospitals in the country; and we are ready to help you, too.
We have extensive experience in helping countless healthcare organizations contain their costs and find the talent they need to succeed during difficult times. Our program gives you access to new talent pools and enhances your ability to negotiate rates freely so you retain control over costs.
To learn more, get in touch today.